Celebrate Earth Day with These 5 Green Plumbing Tips
Today is Earth Day, when we celebrate the beautiful planet that we live on. We often take our world for granted, not respecting the gifts that Mother Nature gives us on a daily basis.
Within the past few decades, humans have begun to realize that our industrial output is harming the planet and have taken steps to reduce the damage. You can contribute to the green movement by following these 5 simple plumbing tips to reduce waste.
1) Fix Leaks: Did you know that a single leaky faucet can waste 20 gallons of water per day? Checking for leaks will help reduce your bill, as well as saving the earth.
2) Install Low Flow Toilets: Newer toilet models are designed to decrease water useage. Many even feature full and half flush options.
3) Tankless Water Heaters: Traditional tank heaters are inefficient because they require constant energy flow to keep the water tank warm. Tankless models heat the water as it is needed.
4) New Shower Heads and Faucets: Like toilets, these new devices reduce the amount of necessary water to take a shower or wash your hands.
5) Only Run Full Loads of Laundry: You can save water by only running your washing machine when it is full. A washing machine uses about 12 gallons of water for each load, regardless of how full it is, so limiting loads reduces water consumption.